Monday, February 5, 2018

Honeycomb Soap

We have a winner! The suggestion of putting the soap in the oven for CPOP (Cold Process Oven Process) was definitely the key.

I let the soap sit overnight before trying to unmold it then held my breath as I pushed the bottom of the mold to reveal....


It came out beautifully, just as I had imagined! I waited a couple of hours before cutting it and deliberating on how best to cut it. I love my little wire cheese cutter but I'd been told that M&P soap has been known to break the wires. On the one hand, I do have a couple extra wires for my cutter but, on the other hand, I didn't want to unnecessarily break on in trying it. 

I tried it anyway. I turned the soap upside down, cutting through the cold process part first, then slowly and carefully pushing through the M&P soap. It worked beautifully! 

Then, last night, after my first round of colonoscopy prep was finished (shudder), I melted some of the clear M&P, coloured it to mimic honey as best I could, and drizzled the "honey" over the soap and left it to set overnight.


I am beyond happy. To envision something in my mind is one thing; to successfully take it to completion is quite another. Now that I know it's possible to work with both kinds of soap in one bar, a whole new world has opened up and my mind is spinning with possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment