Monday, February 8, 2016

The Cut

Before I went to bed last night, I thought it might be wise to check on my soaps. I'm glad I did. The Paloma was hard. I mean.. it. was. hard! I unmolded it and decided to cut it right away. The soap almost chipped, it was that hard.


You can even see, at the left edge of the back bar, where it chipped a bit with cutting. I had to work to cut this batch. I don't mind, though; a nice, hard bar will be a long lasting bar and I know from experience that this one is.

The Juicy Orange soap was also hard enough to unmold. This one surprised me a little.


Looking at this picture, what would you expect to find when you cut? I thought it would look a bit like an orange sherbet, similar to the colour on the top. Wow, was I in for a surprise! I think I can safely say that this is the most vibrant soap I've made to date.


It's gorgeous! My ITP (in the pot) swirl turned out way better than I expected. And the scent? Oh, the scent! Juicy Orange pretty much describes it perfectly. I've tested a little sliver from the end cut and, though it's brand new, it lathers beautifully, it smells wonderfully fresh - I think this will be a popular bar of soap.

No comments:

Post a Comment