Sunday, December 13, 2015

It's Still Sweater Weather Time

Even though soaping is still happening, it almost feels like it's been a long time since I did any soaping and yet, it was really only just last weekend. After this past week, though, soap making has become almost necessary.

My inventory of soaps has been seriously depleted this week. After one order of ten bars (to start), someone else ordered ten bars plus three for herself and a friend ordered twenty bars as Christmas presents. I'm pretty sure that with Christmas just around the corner, anything crafty will be put on the back burner. After the new year, though, soap making will be ramping up again.


I did make another batch of the Sweater Weather Oatmeal Stout soap, though. I still have quite a bit of the beer in the fridge and want to use it up. And, for the first time, I had some help. My 11 year old granddaughter asked this morning if she could help make this batch. I was more than happy to walk her through the process, teaching her what's involved with making soap.

After the sales of this past week, John is finally realizing that this really could be something people like. He's even expressed an interest in helping out and learning about the process... and is thinking of ways to turn this two bedroom suite into a production facility. Yeah, I don't think so. He will, however, become my apprentice.


One more thing that I've been working on this past week is making labels for some of my more popular soaps. It may not be the easiest to see in this picture but I'm trying to match the background of the label to the soap it's wrapping. In this case, with the Sweater Weather soap, the background is some knitted fabric, mirroring the name of the beer.

I like the format - simple, clean, relevant to the product. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment